Tomorrow is the start of Winter. I must admit that I hate feeling cold. Winter is my least favourite season of the year.
I decided that I was going to change my attitude and find some fun things to do around Melbourne and the suburbs/regional Victoria during the next few months.
My one piece of advice is to be prepared.
If you are spending time outdoors you may need these.
Thick scarf and gloves.
Now you are set for anything.
I have found 10 fun things to do in Winter in Melbourne/Victoria, that are to my taste!!
I am sure you will find a lot more.
EAT COSY FOOD.
Lots of yummy soups, stews and curries. Yum.
2. IT IS ALWAYS FUN TO GO TO THE FOOTBALL.
Always great to go along to local football. Support the locals.
3. WINTER IS A GREAT TIME TO GO TO THE HOT SPRINGS.
We have great hot springs in Victoria.
Peninsula Hot springs
Japanese Mountain Retreat
Hepburn Bathhouse and spa
Sense of Self
4. SEE MELBOURNE WINTER MASTERPIECES 2022 AT National Gallery of Victoria
From June - to November explore Picasso's career.
5. GO TO SEE FROZEN THE MUSICAL Showing at Her Majesty's Theatre from June - October.
6. HAVE A HIGH TEA. We have a few great ones in Melbourne.
Melbourne Conservatory at the Crown.
Hopetoun Tea Rooms
7. ICE SKATING DURING WINTER AT THE DOCKLANDS
Ice Skating at the O'Brien Icehouse.
8. CATCH A MOVIE. Always great to go to the movies on a cold afternoon in Melbourne. We have so many great cinemas in Melbourne and in the suburbs.
9. GO FOR A WALK OR GO FOR A BIKE RIDE. Get prepared and go for a walk or jump on your bike. You will soon warm up and you will love it.
We have so many great walking and bike tracks.
We are so spoilt for choice.
10. LAST BUT NOT LEAST.
Light the fire and relax with some board games, a jigsaw, cards, or Mario's favourite at the moment LEGO.
HAPPY START TO WINTER.
When all else fails just OM...